I don't know about you but I've briefly touched about this topic before in my previous posts this past year. I've kept it to myself for the most part but I can't hold it in any longer because I know that there are TCKs who know this exact feeling.
I am uncomfortable being part of a majority group of people.
1) I don't like being stereotyped into a majority lump.
2) I don't really fit "in" the majority.
3) I like feeling unique and standing out.
4) Assuming I know certain languages, rules, customs, local pop culture, local vernacular.
5) Being lectured to.
6) Made a MOCKERY of when I break their preconceived notions.
7) Being put down. No, I don't take negative criticism well. I usually shut it out - but if its being shoved down everyday ALL THE TIME, I'll resent you.
8) On a good day, I'll mess with your head and try to confuse you because of reasons 1-7. Its entertainment to me. :-)
9) I'll ignore you if you insist on assuming I know what you're talking about. And I'll do it VERY DELIBERATELY.
10) Not having to explain everything 3-4 times while you stare blankly at me resulting in me getting extremely frustrated at you.
There you have it. My very obnoxious list of reasons.
I apologize for the rant but I can't hold it in any longer. #tckproblems
This is also mostly, I like discovering the unknown.